Monday, August 27, 2007

West Virginia High on Obesity List

No real news here. An article came out yesterday from Trust for America's Health stating that obesity in the US continues to grow. West Virginia is number 2 on the list for Adults (up from number 3 last year) and is number 2 on the list of states for youths.

Not only is the high fat diet of the Mountain State helping to increase those number, the lack of daily exercise contributes greatly. We can debate causes all day long. Action is needed to reduce this serious health risk. I am not talking about governmental action here. I am talking about individual action. Take control of your weight! Get help if you need it! Get off you behind and walk a little bit (and not to the refrigerator).

In the past six years I have lost a total of about 45 pounds and I have kept it off. There is no secret to how I did it. I changed what I ate, the amount I ate, and increased my level of activity.
If you need help ask!

No comments: