Thursday, April 12, 2007

Jobs, Jobs, Jobs

In the past two months, I have filled out more applications and sent out more resumes than I can count. I have interviewed 4 times so far at 3 different companies and still no job offers. I am either over qualified or under qualified. I just want to work and make enough money to pay the mortgage and feed my family. Is that too much to ask?

I thought all the interviews went well. I showcased my abilities, acknowledged my weaknesses in ways that show I know my limits and am working to improve. I made good eye contact and showed confidence. Hire me damn it! I am good. In the last 19 years I have held exactly 2 jobs. I think the interviewers are looking at that and saying, "Jeez, if we hire him we are stuck with him."
And I am thinking that it means I am good at what I do, and I am a loyal employee. One of the jobs I will hear about in about 3 weeks. One of the jobs I will hear back next Wednesday.

I did turn down a job offer last month. I was offered a job as a Front Desk Clerk at a local Mom & Pop owned Motel. They were only paying $7 an hour. After taxes, it wouldn't even cover the mortgage. At least someone wants to hire me.

I guess trying to find a tech job or any job even in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia is too much to ask for. If anyone stumbles across this and is hiring, please contact me!

No comments: