Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Day Off

Ah, once again I post. In the past few weeks work has gotten interesting. I have taken 1 and a half classed I need to be "certified" as an assistant manager. I have only one or two more tests.

Today is my first day off in eight loooonnnng days. And of course I had to go in and get some information for the class I go to on Friday.

Tomorrow is also a day off for me. And I will be very busy! I will be chaperoning for my daughter's field trip. They are going to see a play. Plus tomorrow night is the business meeting at church which was postponed from last week because of snow. The meeting should be interesting. One of the deacons is resigning, reportedly due to health problems. And the pastor announced his resignation effective at the end of the year on Sunday (while I was working). So it should be interesting to see who shows up for the meeting and who will be appointed to the search committee for a new pastor.

I haven't been too involved with this church yet to know who is on what side and what agendas each side has. I like this church and I like the people in it. I just hope there can be a solution found before it completely destroys this church. If I can be an instrument of peace, then that will be the Lord's will.

more later

No comments: